Office phone: tba|
E-mail: click here
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Delft University of Technology
2628 BX Delft
P.O. Box 5015
2600 GA Delft
Main research interests:
Bits and pieces:
- Game theory to improve healthcare
- Mathematical oncology; design of evolutionary therapies for metastatic cancers
- Stackelberg evolutionary games; stability properties of such games
- Spatial and nonspatial evolutionary game theory, especially focusing on the impact of the evolutionary (=strategy) and ecological (=population) speed on the outcomes of the games
- Dynamic game theory in modeling and control of complex systems (recently mostly "games against nature" or "games for nature")
- In July 2022, the Dutch Research Council awarded me with the VIDI grant! My project "ANTICANCER:
GAme Theory Empowered by Data ScieNce and Control Theory to Improve Treatment of Metastatic CANCER" will develop new game theory to improve treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Recruitment for 2 PhD positions and a data scientist for my project will start soon. Intended started day is January 2023.
- I have been awarded the Delft Technology Fellowship. Therefore, since September 1, 2021, I am associate professor and Delft Technology Fellow at the Faculty of Technology, Policy & Management at the Delft University of Technology. I am going to build/strengthen the research in game theory and bio-inspired mathematical models and their application in healthcare here. My mission at the faculty is to expand its research in health-related topics, together with colleagues working on these topics already and colleagues yet to come.
- I lead the Innovative Training Network "EVOGAMESPLUS: Evolutionary games and population dynamics: from theory to applications". It has been the only ITN grant in mathematics awarded in 2020. A bit more on this here .
- I also lead NWO KLEIN2 project "Understanding metastatic cancer through game theory and dynamical systems theory". A bit more on this here .
- In December 2020, I received the NWO Stairway to Impact Award for my work on game theory in designing better cancer treatment.
For Bachelor and Master thesis projects see this page. This site needs to be updated, hopefully that will happen soon.
Some (rather randomly picked) recent papers:
"Fisheries management as a Stackelberg Evolutionary Game: Finding an evolutionarily enlightened strategy" - together with M. Salvioli, J. Dubbeldam, and J.S. Brown, PLOS One, January 2021.
"Optimizing Cancer Treatment Using Game Theory" - together with J.S. Brown, W. S. Dalton and Robert A. Gatenby, JAMA Oncology, 2019
"Optimal Control to Reach Eco-Evolutionary Stability in Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer" - together with J. J. Cunningham, Y. Viossat, J.S. Brown, F. Thuijsman, R. Peeters, and R.A. Gatenby, accepted by PLOS One in November 2020.
"Coordination games in cancer" - together with P. Bayer, R. A. Gatenby, P. H. McDonald, D. R. Duckett, and J. S. Brown, forthcoming in PLOS One, 2021